Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Haiti!!!

...here I come! So this is an update on my not-very-up-to-date blog. (actually I don't know if anyone even reads it anymore!) But anyway, I imagine you guessed by the title of this post that I am headed to Haiti!

We leave tomorrow morning at 5:00 a.m. to drive to the airport. A team of seven people from our church-a deacon, an older woman, and five young adults- are going to Haiti to work in an orphanage over there that our church supports. While we are there we will help around the orphanage, go to the local hospital, do a sports event for the kids, help in the milk clinic for mothers, and most importantly spend time working and playing with the children! I've never been on a mission trip before (and never been out of the country) so this is very exciting and new for me! There are about 45 children at the orphanage we will be visiting.
Our trip will be 10 days, which I imagine will feel altogether too short!! Please pray for our team's safety while we are traveling and while we are in Haiti. Pray for the orphans and chances to share the gospel with them. Pray that the whole trip would go well and that we might glorify God through everything we do! I don't think I'll have internet during the trip but I'll tell you about it when we get back!

2 comments:

  1. I still read your blog, Fopias, even though I almost never say anything! :P I'm sure you'll have an amazing trip! I'll be praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it!! :o) It sounds like it will be an amazing and wonderful trip; I will definitely be praying for you and your team. I'm looking forward to hearing about it when you get back. :o)

    God bless,
    Joanna Toussaint

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by! Part of the fun for me in blogging is hearing from those who come to visit. If you want to comment or have additional thoughts I'd love to hear them. This is my rambling spot, so everything might not be clearly stated. Please keep it positive and Christ-honoring, but thought-provoking discussions are welcome! Quite honestly I'd be delighted if everybody who stopped by left a note.