Sunday, May 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Momma!

Well, as you probably guessed from the title today is my mother's birthday! We have a running joke around our house about the many hats that Mom wears, so I thought this poem would be fitting:

Everything Mom
How did you find the energy, Mom
To do all the things you did,
To be teacher, nurse and counselor
To me, when I was a kid.
How did you do it all, Mom,
Be a chauffeur, cook and friend,
yet find time to be a playmate,
I just can't comprehend.
I see now it was love, Mom
That made you come whenever I'd call,
Your inexhaustible love, Mom
And I thank you for it all!


And this one:

Hidden Treasure

Wonder of wonders, deep mystery.
A virtuous woman who can be?
Hidden treasure deep in the sea.
Could that be you? Can that be me?

A corner pillar, a palace stone,
Carefully rendered to be His own.
a servant, a daughter of the throne.
A fertile seed that's deeply sown.

A ruby that shines cannot exceed
The beauty of a bountiful woman's deed
For she is ready in her family's need.
"All for the Father" is her creed.

These high virtues who can attain?
I have already failed them. Should I again?
Do I have the courage to call on His name?
He has the power, only I to blame?

Wonder of wonders, deep mystery.
A virtuous woman who will be?
Hidden treasure up out of the sea.
That could be you. That could be she.

Love you Momma!


2 comments:

  1. btw, Mom if you read this...I fixed an apostrophe! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Birthday to your Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by! Part of the fun for me in blogging is hearing from those who come to visit. If you want to comment or have additional thoughts I'd love to hear them. This is my rambling spot, so everything might not be clearly stated. Please keep it positive and Christ-honoring, but thought-provoking discussions are welcome! Quite honestly I'd be delighted if everybody who stopped by left a note.