Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Monica/Nanee/Nienna/Mocha, etc.

Today is Monica's birthday! So I'm going to post a few things about sisters in general, and ones that apply specifically to my sister!

It's hard to be responsible, adult and sensible all the time. It's good to have a sister who's heart is as young as your own.


An older sister is a friend and defender--a listener, Conspirator, a counselor, and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too.
Sisters make the real conversations... not the saying But the never needing to say is what counts.

Sisters is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, But once the sisters are grown it becomes the strongest.



Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do they'll still be there.

If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.

When we fought, like couples who've lived together for years, we knew the most tender nerve to strike. But when we decided to cooperate, we became a force to reckon with.



A bosom friend--an intimate friend, you know-- A really kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul.

It's a great comfort to have an artistic sister! (most of the time... :P )

We've shared everything together, my sister and I. Even a room filled with laughter and tears And all our hopes and our fears. There are so many wonderful memories With many more to come as we grow older Together as sisters... and friends.


Happy Birthday Nienna! I love you and I pray that you will continue to give your heart to God so He will lead you where He wills. You've been a wonderful older sister to me, thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, happy birthday, Monica! :o)

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Heather, I can relate! Leah, Emma and I have had the worst fights growing up, but are now the closest friends. May God continue to bless your relationships with your sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.


    Or a brother. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. True that! I have experience with the brother side too...

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by! Part of the fun for me in blogging is hearing from those who come to visit. If you want to comment or have additional thoughts I'd love to hear them. This is my rambling spot, so everything might not be clearly stated. Please keep it positive and Christ-honoring, but thought-provoking discussions are welcome! Quite honestly I'd be delighted if everybody who stopped by left a note.