Friday, August 27, 2010

Tuesday, July 27th, 2010

I got up at 5:30 so I went outside to sit under a tree and write. It was so cool that I had to get my hoodie, I had goosebumps! I honestly didn't make much progress on writing though before the little boys came to join me. Jimmy flip-flop was broken again so while I fixed it the boys colored in the back of my notebook. Breakfast was baked oatmeal (yum!) and passion fruit/citron juice. After breakfast we set up for our Olympics. The first events was the obstacle course (with the dizzy bat being my favorite part) We split the kids into four different age groups, sub-divided into boys and girls. That was a lot of fun. After we got all through with that we did three-legged races. The boys had a blast, but all the older girls were moping and poking around. We did manage to get the younger girls excited though, and they are so cute! Especially Benji and Rosie. Those two events took us up till the kids' shower and lunch time. Lunch was pumpkin soup! Totally delicious! (pumpkin, noodles, carrots, potatoes, goat) w/ crackers. After lunch we did a Frisbee toss and then the girls did jump rope while the boys bounced a soccer ball on their feet. Then we played Steal the Bacon. When we finished the Olympics we just played with the kids for the afternoon. Dinner was leftovers. After the devotions we watched Nacho Libre. I was pretty disappointed actually. I talked with Hannah a bit about why I didn't like the movie, but I won't go into that here. (that's not what the trip was about!) Oh, I forgot! Jennifer got a call from Jesse during lunch that he was getting ready to leave Port-au-Prince and would be in Pignon in about 20 minutes (instead of arriving tomorrow). After lunch we had to wait for Jennifer and when they did return of course Jesse was quite a distraction for awhile. And he and Benji are first time best friends! It makes me think of Robert with my younger siblings. It was so sweet to watch them together. Jesse is 18 and Benji is 7, and they'd never met before, but you would never have known!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you stopped by! Part of the fun for me in blogging is hearing from those who come to visit. If you want to comment or have additional thoughts I'd love to hear them. This is my rambling spot, so everything might not be clearly stated. Please keep it positive and Christ-honoring, but thought-provoking discussions are welcome! Quite honestly I'd be delighted if everybody who stopped by left a note.