Thursday, September 16, 2010

Amurath Sunrise aka "Sunny" or "Ari"

Hey Everybody! Guess what?! I got a horse! Yup, he's a little (well, big) Arabian yearling! Bright chestnut, four white socks, and a star stripe snip on his face! He's really sweet, big and pretty, and very athletic! At just over a year old he is 14.1 hh! (For non-horse people that is 14 hands, 1 inch. Each hand is 4 inches, so he is roughly 4'8" at the shoulder, big for an Arab that young!) I'm so very excited to have him, and be able to train him up myself! Here are pictures!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh! He's gorgeous, Heather! I can't wait to see him!!!!! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a handsome fellow!!! Is he gaited? I'm really wanting to ride with Marlee and Troy, but this gal is just too old (and too spoiled??) to ride a quarter horse...LOL! I have a question...you said you are going to train him. How did you learn to do this? Marlee would love this (I wish we were so much closer!)...but I have no idea where to start. What would you suggest?

    Thanks much -
    Mrs. Camille

    ReplyDelete
  3. Camille, sorry just saw this. No he isn't gaited. He's purebred Arabian so he has your standard walk, trot, canter and gallop. Actually a Quarter Horse is one of the quietest horses (as a rule) that you will find. How did I learn to train? well practice, practice, practice...lol, riding for years, watching, being taught new things, working with different horses, etc. Mostly it's just the time involved in learning all about them.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by! Part of the fun for me in blogging is hearing from those who come to visit. If you want to comment or have additional thoughts I'd love to hear them. This is my rambling spot, so everything might not be clearly stated. Please keep it positive and Christ-honoring, but thought-provoking discussions are welcome! Quite honestly I'd be delighted if everybody who stopped by left a note.