Friday, April 17, 2009

The first snake and biscuits with Tony's pictures

We didn't have milk this morning so I told Mom if she'd run to the gas station and get some then I'd make biscuits. So I did, and here are the leftovers (after the tribe ate) and if anyone wants one they should just stop by:Btw, that's about a quarter of all the biscuits I made, and after making all those biscuits I ate only one and a half! Go figure... While I was baking my younger siblings came in all excited. "We found a snake!" I was facing the stove and so I said, "Oh really? Where is it?" Brendan said, "Right here." So I turned around and he was holding this lovely king snake. That's our first big snake for the year. We found a garter snake a few days ago but we like these guys better. This one measures at about 5'8"

And while I was uploading these pictures I found some that my 10-year-old brother took and I thought I'd post a couple.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You're making my mouth water!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm....Yum! Your biscuits look sooooo yummy...wish I could stop by for one! :o)
    ttyl,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second comment, first: I guess to stop by for a biscuit, one would have to know where *grin*. I think they call that OPSEC (Operational Security). Among other things, it keeps unknown interlopers from coming over to eat all your biscuits! Great stuff, that OPSEC.

    First comment, second: I really like the picture your brother took of the end of the hose with the water coming out. There's just something about catching water in motion, but so quickly that it appears to be still. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by! Part of the fun for me in blogging is hearing from those who come to visit. If you want to comment or have additional thoughts I'd love to hear them. This is my rambling spot, so everything might not be clearly stated. Please keep it positive and Christ-honoring, but thought-provoking discussions are welcome! Quite honestly I'd be delighted if everybody who stopped by left a note.