Thursday, April 23, 2009

Quotes

I like quotes... good quotes that is. I decided that I wanted to post some of the quotes that I like because I want to share them with whomever reads this (and this is only a very few of the ones I like).

"God is easy to please, but hard to satisfy." ~George MacDonald

"It is hard; but the sort of compromise we're hankering after is harder — in fact, it is impossible.... We are like eggs at present. And we cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad." ~C.S. Lewis

"He is a fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." ~Jim Elliot

"He who would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it." ~Christ

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found difficult and left untried." ~G.K. Chesterton

"A Biblical perspective of truth also necessarliy entails to recognition that ultimate truth is an objective reality." ~John MacArthur

A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man must seek Him to find her.

You are the subject of the one that you crown in your heart
- not the one that you flatter with your tongue.

"'When you come bring the cloak which I left at Troas with Carpus, and the books, especially the parchments.' - 2 Timothy 4:13
He is inspired, and yet he wants books! He has seen the Lord, and yet he wants books! He has had wider experience than most men, and yet he wants books! He has been caught up in the third heaven, and had heard things unlawful for a man to utter, and yet he wants books! He has written a major part of the New Testament, and yet he wants books! The apostle says to Timothy and so he says to every Christian, 'Give thyself to reading.' The man who never reads will never be read; he who never quotes will never be quoted. He who will not use the thoughts of other men's brains proves he has no brains of his own." ~Charles H. Spurgoen

But THIS is a writer's quote!!!

"Child, to say the very thing you really men, the whole of it, nothing more or less or other than what you really mean, that's the whole art and joy of words." ~the Fox, from Till We Have Faces.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Heather!! just thought I'd let you know that I am following your blog! Maybe we can stay in touch a little more :) lol
    Ttyl!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by! Part of the fun for me in blogging is hearing from those who come to visit. If you want to comment or have additional thoughts I'd love to hear them. This is my rambling spot, so everything might not be clearly stated. Please keep it positive and Christ-honoring, but thought-provoking discussions are welcome! Quite honestly I'd be delighted if everybody who stopped by left a note.