Sunday, April 12, 2009

Poetry and the absense of a blog...

Yes, I'm sure you're wondering where that name came from (from where it came). Well I had this school assignment to write an essay/poem/story to answer a question. I chose a poem...well when I read it to my dad he said, "Do you have a blog?" I said, "No, why?"... "Oh, well I was going to suggest that you put it on your nonexistent blog." So after a conversation he said I could create a blog. Here's the blog (ja, the title may change). Here's the poem:

Divisions and separations, more barriers and thrown up walls
Once more the cold shoulder and silence where there should be peace for all
How many times? Will it ever end?
Will these rifts and fractures ever mend?
What will it take to restore peace and harmony where they're desired?
To break the partitions and quarrels, yes, there are some thing required.
Each one must seek his pardon and grace
And forget the fear of losing face.
It is no easy matter to ask for the forgiveness we need,
Especially when we think that someone else our mercy should plead.
So that the wounds may actually heal
We must allow our hearts to get real.
Admission of guilt is the first step in this story
But do not let this be a false pride in which you choose to glory!
Then the grudging heart must be wiped clean...
And forget the things that were so mean
That had been done to the one who is attempting to restore peace.
And then with this there comes a new freedom and wonderful release!
To keep the gaps from growing wider
The hold on our thoughts must be tighter.
Preventing the quarrel ought to soften the fast approaching strife
And learning when nary a word needs to catch sight of any life.
Brothers offended are harder won
Than ever a city siege was done.
Though you may never be of the same opinion as another,
Finding common ground can fix the breach with your offended brother.
So to restore domestic accord...
Listen to the commands of the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!! I've added your blog to my favorites. ;o) The title is so funny. It's always fun to read the story of why things were chosen to be the way they are. :o)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Love,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That poem is really well done and sends a potent message. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by! Part of the fun for me in blogging is hearing from those who come to visit. If you want to comment or have additional thoughts I'd love to hear them. This is my rambling spot, so everything might not be clearly stated. Please keep it positive and Christ-honoring, but thought-provoking discussions are welcome! Quite honestly I'd be delighted if everybody who stopped by left a note.