Monday, September 21, 2009

Worldviews...the difference...

I observed, once again, something very interesting as I went over the cards I received for my graduation. There were a great variety of styles and messages, but the great thing that struck me was the differing worldview of the cards. Those that were clearly a Christian worldview, and those that sadly were not. By that, I mean that when I read them I observed the difference in the messages and the significance placed on different aspects of life, faith, me, success, etc. I was saddened by the influence of the world that came through in the cards I received even from Christians, and of course it was sad to see that in those who are not Christians. I wanted to share what I noticed. My comments are in brackets.

~~~~~
Your talents, imagination, and hard work
are really something to admire... You've
put your gifts to good use and given yourself
and those who love you many reasons
to be proud. Someone so capable and
generous deserves to feel the warm glow
of success that the future is sure to bring.

[I don't deserve anything on my own, honestly. By myself
nothing I have done deserves success.]

~~~~~
"If" for Graduates
If you can value
all the simple joys in each new day,
If you can see the gift
in everything life brings your way,
If you can find your strength
and all your answers deep within,
If you can trust yourself enough
to let your dreams begin,
If you can learn and grow
from every challenge that you face,
If you can know each moment
is the perfect time and place...
If you can recognize yourself
in others' hopes and fears,
If you can feel compassion for your own and others' tears,
If you believe that you can help
to shape the world you see,
If you can sense that you create
your own reality,
If you can comfort someone else
and be a caring friend,
If you can be a person
on who others can depend...
If you can live life fully
and enjoy it heart and soul,
If you can just accept
the twists and turns you can't control,
If you can show integrity
in every choice you make--
Then your journey will be filled with joy,
whichever paths you take.

Whatever your choices, whatever you do,
Hope the years bring success and adventure to you!

[Find answers within me, create my own reality...that
is sadly an autonomous worldview]

~~~~~
Knowledge is the power that gives us wings to soar...
You've learned a lot
and achieved so much...worked hard
and maintained your focus...met challenges
with character and a strong will.
That's how success is won.

[if God is in the picture and the Source of everything]

~~~~~
Success always means
more when it happens
to someone who
has truly earned it...
You should feel so proud.
You set yourself a goal,
and you overcame all obstacles
until you achieved it.

Heather, congratulations on your graduation.
Go to the best college you can afford and study
something that you enjoy and will bring you
fulfillment in your life. Good luck!

[Me? How have I earned success...I have failed
in so many ways and if it wasn't for Christ I would
have no reason to hope life would be any different
I ought not search for something in life, but rather
the Lord as my fulfillment and hope!]

And then comes there were those which came with a totally different focus in the message.

~~~~
Graduation is a wonderful time
to reflect on the many blessings
that God has given you.
You're a very special person...
and as surely as God has blessed your past,
may He also bless your future.

[God has indeed blessed me! Beyond what I deserve]

~~~~~
Follow in God's footsteps
in your Journey through life...
Believe in God and yourself
and you will achieve...
Your passion, hopes
and deepest dreams

May the Lord bless you as you continue to lean on Him!

[it is so refreshing, encouraging to receive notes
like this, knowing people are challenging me
where it really counts]

~~~~~
Wishing you a future filled with limitless opportunities.

May our Heavenly Father guide
and keep you as you begin the next chapter of your life.

~~~~~
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~Helen Keller
Live inspired

Congratulations, Heather! To God be the glory for the work you've accomplished thus far! May He lead and guide you always.

[amen, how exciting to realize the work the
Lord has done through such a flawed being
as myself and used it to His glory!]

~~~~~
Just continue to be the Christian that you are and the Lord will see to ALL your needs.

[He doesn't promises answers to desires,
wishes, dreams...but He does to needs...]

~~~~~
God created you...
every little detail about you.
He knows you better
and loves you more
than anyone ever could.
He is your wise Father
and faithful friend,
who takes great joy in you.
Celebrating you today
and hoping you remember
that God celebrates you every day!

[what joy it gives me to know that my
Lord, Sovereign and Creator REJOICES
in me!!!]

~~~~~
Trust in the Lord with
with all thine Heart...
in all thy ways
Acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct
thy Paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

God bless you
on your special day.
May He be your STRENGTH
and guiding LIGHT
as you venture
into the future,
and may He keep you
in His LOVE and CARE
always.

[How different indeed were the notes on these cards...some nice, but saddening (though I'm sure the desire when they were chosen was for encouragement) and then those that really uplift, challenge, encourage, and excite me...those that place the glory and praise where they are due and remind me of the attributes of my Father, how glorious He is and that He sees every detail of my life! There is indeed a difference between those who see God as their source and life and those who have no true source and life...how marked...how sad...how challenging that should be.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm glad you stopped by! Part of the fun for me in blogging is hearing from those who come to visit. If you want to comment or have additional thoughts I'd love to hear them. This is my rambling spot, so everything might not be clearly stated. Please keep it positive and Christ-honoring, but thought-provoking discussions are welcome! Quite honestly I'd be delighted if everybody who stopped by left a note.